The Promotional Period for this Sweepstakes has ended.
LOCATE AN AGENT
VISA 2015 ROYAL CARIBBEAN SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY:The Visa 2015 Royal Caribbean Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, age 18 or older as of 8/1/15. Commercial card eligibility is subject to employer policies regarding sweepstakes participation. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of Visa U.S.A. Inc., Visa Inc., Visa International Service Association, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (“Sponsor”), and their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, and client financial institutions, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Tenthwave Digital, LLC and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, “Releases”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on 8/1/15, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/15/15 (“Promotional Period”).
4. TO ENTER:There are four (4) ways to enter: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Visa cardholder will automatically receive two (2) Sweepstakes entries for each eligible purchase made on a Royal Caribbean cruise with any Visa card as the payment method during the Promotional Period. Only payments made with a Visa card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotional Period are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the Visa card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/15/15, in order to be eligible. 2) Consumers may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry when they go to www.royalcaribbean.com/getmore and join the Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Club and agree to receive promotional emails. Limit one (1) entry via this method throughout the Promotional Period. 3) Existing Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Club Members may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry when they go to www.royalcaribbean.com/getmore and follow the instructions to submit their entry. Limit one (1) entry via this method throughout the Promotional Period. 4) To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: Hand-print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa 2015 Royal Caribbean Sweepstakes, P.O. text 826, Plainview, NY 11803-0826. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 9/15/15, and received by 9/22/15 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as two (2) entries into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 9/25/15 from among all eligible automatic purchase entries, new and existing Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Club Membership entries, and mail-in entries received and combined. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital, LLC (“Tenthwave”), an independent judging organization. Tenthwave’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone/email on or about 10/01/15. Grand, First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Prize winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within 48 hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within 5 days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time period, or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the applicable prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
6. ODDS: Estimated odds of winning a Grand, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, or Six Prize are 1: 759,407. Estimated odds of winning a Sixth Prize are 1: 75,941; however, the actual odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotional Period.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: a 2-night Royal Caribbean cruise on the Anthem of the Seas pre-inaugural sailing scheduled to take place on or about November 3–5, 2015, ocean view category stateroom for two (2) (winner and 1 guest) while on cruise, round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to port location in Miami, FL, a $2,000 Visa Gift Card (for winner only) and $2,100 cash (awarded in the form of a check to winner) that can be used towards the payment of taxes associated with the prize. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $6,800. One (1) First Prize: a 7-night Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean, ocean view category stateroom for two (2) (winner and 1 guest) while on cruise, round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to port location in Miami, FL, a $1,000 Visa Gift Card (for winner only) and $2,200 cash (awarded in the form of a check to winner) that can be used towards the payment of taxes associated with the prize. ARV: $7,050. One Second Prize: 4-day/3-night trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, NV including round-trip coach air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Las Vegas, NV, three (3) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at the Aria Resort & Casino and two (2) tickets to Zarkana by Cirque du Soleil, ARV: $2,275. One Third Prize: 4-day/3-night trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, NV including round-trip coach air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Las Vegas, NV, three (3) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at Bellagio Resort & Casino and two (2) tickets to “O” by Cirque du Soleil, ARV: $2,275. One Fourth Prize: 4-day/3-night trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, NV including round-trip coach air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Las Vegas, NV, three (3) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at the MGM Grand and two (2) tickets to “KA” by Cirque du Soleil; ARV: $2,125. One (1) Fifth Prize: $750 Visa Gift Card. ARV: $750. One (1) Sixth Prize: $500 Visa Gift Card. ARV: $500. Ten (10) Seventh Prizes: $100 Visa Gift Card. ARV: $100 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $22,775. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The cruise provided is subject to the terms and conditions in the Royal Caribbean cruise ticket contract, Royal Caribbean Cruises’ policies, complimentary cruise certificate and applicable brochure. Cruise includes standard accommodations. Winner and guest are solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules, that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a prize. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes and other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including if the Grand or First Prize winner incurs any of the following costs or expenses, without limitation, any additional air or ground transportation, additional meals, beverages, and activities excursions in connection with the cruise, luggage fees, gratuities, and souvenirs. If Grand or First Prize winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Such parent or legal guardian may also be required to accompany minor winner on trip. All terms & conditions apply to Visa Gift Cards. Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Grand, First, Second, Third & Fourth Prize Travel Restrictions
Actual value of trip depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and or current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Grand Prize Winner and guest must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or such portion of trip prize will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates for trip. First prize winner and guest must travel within on year of prize notification. Second, Third and Fourth Prize winners and guests must travel prior to December 24, 2015, Sunday through Thursday only, excluding holidays, subject to availability, blackout dates may apply. Guest of winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless a child or legal ward of winner; then winner will be required to execute and return such documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. Trip is subject to air/stateroom availability and other conditions and restrictions. If the winner lives within 100 miles of the destination city, the air transportation portion of trip will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation or substitution will be provided. Airline/flight times and cruise route to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion; one or more stopovers may be required. Once trip has been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or similar items once they are in winner’s possession or in the possession of a guest. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, cruise line, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining travel documents as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance), that they may wish to obtain for the trip (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Releasees have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for the trip. Winner and his/her guest must arrive at the designated U.S. gateway airport in time for the flight. If any portion of prize or any other event or activity is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, inclement weather, or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation or substitution will be provided for the applicable trip.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Tenthwave, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s or other Releasees’ products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, the cancellation or postponement of the cruise (s), the trip, or any trip related event, winner’s inability to participate in the trip, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in Tenthwave’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Florida.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners, available after 10/31/15, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by 10/31/15, to: Visa 2015 Royal Caribbean Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. text 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
13. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital, LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.